The six EPIC Lift Capacity (ELC) slide shows have been created using Microsoft PowerPoint®. You do not need PowerPoint to view the slides because the slide shows are provided on the Resource CD-ROMs in Microsoft’s Pack N Go® format.
Installation of the files to run the slide shows is quite easy and can be accomplished in many ways, depending on your system. For the safest method to extract the files and view the slide shows, follow these instructions:
- Create the ELC Folder folder on your hard drive in which to place materials from the Resources CD-ROMs.
- Right-click on the Start button in the lower left-hand corner of the computer screen. Select “Explore” so that Windows Explorer® is launched.
- In the left window, navigate to the My Documents folder and left-click on it. The contents will be shown in the right window.
- Right-click below the last entry in the right window.
- Select “New” and then select “Folder.”
- Name this folder ELC Folder.
- Extract the slide show and audio files from the CD-ROM into the ELC Folder on your hard drive.
- Insert the Resources Volume 1 CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive on your computer.
- In the left Windows Explorer window, go to the CD-ROM titled ELC Resources 1 and double-click.
- Double-click on the folder titled 1. Introduction Pack N Go.
- Double-click on “PNGSETUP”” to launch the program to extract the files for the slide presentation.
- Select the ELC Folder that you just created as the destination folder for these files, and click “OK.”
- After you specify the folder, the files will be extracted. After a short period of time (from 10 seconds to 60 seconds, depending on the characteristics of your computer) the slide show will begin. You may need to close Windows Explorer to view the slide show.
If you select a destination folder that is not empty, you will get a warning that the files that are extracted will replace any files of the same name in the folder. This is not a problem as long as you extract the files to the ELC Folder.
In addition to the slide show files, the ELC Resources 2 CD-ROM has several useful files: the ELC Manual and video, ELC Evaluation Forms, and ELC Certification materials. These copyrighted materials may be printed for your use, not for resale. To view these, you must use Adobe Acrobat Reader® (free download). The video can be viewed with Windows Media Player® (free download).